Free Shipping on all orders
Effective: January 2021
1. What kind of information does Kalya Veda collect?
- We collect different personal information from you depending on how you want to engage with us at Kalya Veda. We also automatically collect non-identifiable data through the Site (such as IP addresses, browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, information on actions taken on our website, and dates and times of website visits).
- At Kalya Veda we are committed to ensuring our Users’ privacy and peace of mind. Your personal information (“Personal Information”) is gathered only when you choose to share it. For purposes of the Privacy Notice, ‘personal information means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person. We divide all of this into direct and indirect personal information, as you will see below.
- Direct Personal Information.
- We gather your Personal Information when you purchase products or services or register to attend and event by providing us with information such as (by way of an example) your name, email, address, and payment information. Additionally, we gather your Personal Information when you sign up for a newsletter and/or promotional e-mails, or when you place a request for customer service by using the “Contact” feature contained within the Site. In both of these examples, we require the collected information in order to fulfill your request for product or information. To the extent that we use this information beyond the immediate fulfillment of your request, we retain it so that we may contact you about new products, sales, and other promotional messages we think will interest you. Finally, your Personal Information is gathered by us when clicking any one (1) or more on sponsored advertisements that we may now or hereafter provide for our Users to view while on the Site. Additionally, you can always choose to opt-out of receiving promotional e-mail and electronic newsletter communications that we may send to visitors and customers from time to time.
- Technology and Indirect Personal Information.
- We use a variety of technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags and scripts, to track Site performance, to make your visit better, and for aggregate Site analytics. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies from our service providers or partners on an individual as well as aggregated basis. For example, the Site uses Google Analytics to measure web page views, performance, and such. To learn about how Google Analytics uses your information, visit the site “
- We use Local Storage Objects (LSOs) such as HTML5 or Flash to store content information and preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity use LSOs such as HTML 5 or Flash to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LSOs.
- Your browser may offer you a “Do Not Track” option, which allows you to signal to operators of websites and web applications and services (including behavioral advertising services) that you do not wish such operators to track certain of your online activities over time and across different websites. Our Site does not support Do Not Track requests at this time, which means that we may collect information about your online activity both while you are using the Site and after you leave our properties.
2. How does Kalya Veda use my information?
- We will use your email and postal address to send you information about Kalya Veda events and products, and our affiliates’ products, services, and to help us learn more about your user preferences. If you participate in a contest or promotion (online or over the phone), we may use your Personal Information to send you emails, postal mail, or telephone (including text messages) regarding our services, contests, and promotions. From time to time, we may use this information to contact you via email, postal mail, or telephone to learn more about your user preferences. You always have the choice to unsubscribe and not to receive marketing information or calls.
- In addition, we may use information about you and your interests from us and our affiliates to help us improve our site design and your online experiences. We may contact you, subject to the choices you have made, via email, postal mail, or telephone, to conduct market research and learn more about how we can improve our service offerings.
- From time-to-time, Kalya Veda and any advertisers that we may now or hereafter partner with may sponsor a promotion, sweepstakes or contest on the Site. To participate in such promotions, sweepstakes or contests, users may be asked to provide Personal Information including their name, email address, phone number or home address, or to answer personal questions for marketing purposes. Unless otherwise specified herein, Kalya Veda will not independently transfer Personal Information to its partners for their own marketing purposes. Your decision to participate in a sponsored promotion, sweepstakes or contest is entirely voluntary, and any information you provide by participating, including Personal Information, is entirely at your own risk and discretion.
- Our Blog. Our Site offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal data from our blog or community forum, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your Personal Information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why. Because the Site provides users with the ability to communicate with other users and publish public commentary by posting content under the “Comments” section for each of our products, it is strongly recommended that you carefully monitor the information which you choose to share when posting content under the “Comments” section for any given product. Kalya Veda does not regularly monitor such information under the “Comments” section and is under no obligation to do so. Any Personal Information that you post in any “Comments” section may become a permanent part of the public domain and have unintended consequences. You are advised to use caution when posting anything other than Product-related comments under any “Comments” section.
- Testimonials. We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at email@example.com.
- Referrals. If you choose to use our “Refer a Friend” service to tell a friend about our Site, we will ask you for your friend’s information such as name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the site. Kalya Veda stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program.
3. Does Kalya Veda share my information with third parties?
- Except in the limited circumstances set forth below, Kalya Veda will not sell, share or disclose Personal Information it collects to third parties without your prior consent.
- Service Providers.
- We may in connection with the Site use the services of third parties (i.e., technology consultants and CRM vendors), who may, in the course of providing services to us, be given access to the information you have provided to us. Each of these service providers is contractually obligated to provide services to us in a manner consistent with this Notice.
- Our employees, agents and contractors must have a business reason to obtain access to your Personal Information. We may share your Personal Information with those who help us manage or provide the Services (e.g., message board administration, statistical analyses, data processing, and order fulfillment), or with outside contractors, agents or sponsors who help us with the administration, judging and prize fulfillment aspects of contests and promotions.
- These outside contractors or agents may temporarily store some information on their servers, but they may only use your Personal Information to provide us with a specific service and not for any other purpose. We may also provide your Personal Information to a third party in those instances where you have chosen to receive certain information and have been notified that the fulfillment of such a request requires the sharing of your Personal Information. We also may share your Personal Information with companies that are affiliated with us if we have a business reason to do so.
- Order Fulfillment. Once you purchase a product or service or registered for an event from us while on the Site, we may share with a third party the information that is necessary to fulfill the order for that purchase or registration. For example, if you make a purchase on the Site using your credit card (e.g. MasterCard®, Visa®, American Express®, or Discover®), your credit card number may be securely passed (via encryption) on to our credit card processing agent and/or the card’s issuing institution (including their fraud verification and detection service providers). Likewise, the sales transaction information associated with your purchase, such as your shipping and/or billing address, email address, telephone number and purchase description, may be shared in the future, as we expand our payment method offerings, with an online payment service provider if you have elected for us to retain any of this information within your account profile.
- Social Media. Our Site may include social media features, such as the Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter buttons. These features may also collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our Site, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. These features may also give you the option to post information about your activities on our Site to your profile page to share with others within your social network. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy notice of the company providing them.
- Legal Compliance. We may disclose visitors’ Personal Information when such disclosure is:
- necessary to conform to legal requirements or to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other legal process received by Kalya Veda, whether or not a response is required by applicable law;
- necessary to enforce or apply our Terms and other related agreements; or
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of Kalya Veda, our employees, our visitors or other members of the general public. Disclosures made under this Section 3 may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations, or governmental agencies. However, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing Personal Information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- California Privacy Rights. Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of personal customer information which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to the address below.
4. How do I access my information? How do I change or delete my information?
- You may manage your information and email subscription preferences at any time by updating your email preferences. Your requested changes will take effect immediately.
- Kalya Veda offers you choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Information. You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for promotional marketing purposes. If now or in the future you receive promotional or electronic newsletter communications from us, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving such communications from us, and you will have the opportunity to “opt-out” by clicking the “Unsubscribe” hyperlink at the bottom of all such communications. Notwithstanding your indicated email marketing preferences, we may send you administrative emails regarding Kalya Veda including, for example, order confirmations and notices of updates to our Privacy Notice or the Terms if we choose to provide such notices to you in this manner.
5. How does Kalya Veda protect kids’ privacy?
- We do not intentionally collect or maintain Personal Information from individuals who are under sixteen (16) years old. Protecting the privacy of minors is very important to us. Thus, if we obtain actual knowledge that we are holding Personal Information of someone under 16 years of age, we will take steps to remove that Personal Information permanently from our databases and Internet servers.
6. Is my information secure?
- Kalya Veda takes precautions to insure that our visitors’ Personal Information is secured. We use a variety of industry-standard technical, contractual, administrative and physical security measures and procedures to help protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, alteration or disclosure. Unless otherwise provided, we restrict access to Personal Information to those employees who need access to perform their job functions. Please note that despite our best efforts, no one can guarantee the security of Personal Information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of Personal Information at any time.
7. What about links to other websites and services?
- Our Site may contain links to other Sites, including to our marketing partners. We do not control the privacy promises or practices of these websites. You should review those policies before providing any Personal Information. Kalya Veda is not responsible for the content or practices of any linked websites, and we provide these links solely for the convenience and information of our visitors.
8. Visiting our Site from outside the United States
We store and process all Personal Information for Kalya Veda within the US.
We store and process all Personal Information for Kalya Veda within the US.
If you are visiting our Site from outside the United States, please be aware that your information will typically be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States where our servers are located and our central database is operated. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. Please be assured that we seek to take reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Information is protected. By using our services, you understand that your information may be transferred to our facilities and those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Privacy Notice.
Furthermore, with respect to any Personal Information originating outside the U.S., we will retain such information until we determine that you are no longer active within our system.
9. Visiting our Site from the European Economic Area (EEA)
- The Legal Basis for Using European Personal Information
- When we collect information about you through our Site the legal basis on which we process your Personal Information is fulfillment of an agreement between us, namely, to provide you with the products and services or the Kalya Veda Newsletters and other information marketing our products in response to your request.
- When we collect information about you through our Site, the legal basis on which we process your Personal Information is the performance of our agreement with you to purchase or review products. When we use your Personal Information outside of what is strictly necessary for that transaction, we are doing so toward our legitimate interest of informing you of related products and promotions.
- To the extent that we transfer Personal Information from the EEA to a jurisdiction outside the EEA that has not been adduced by the European Commission as providing adequate data protections (such as the US), the basis for such transfer is the necessity of providing you with information, products, or services you have requested.
Rights for EEA Residents
In addition, if you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to :
- Find out if we use your Personal Information, to access your Personal Information, and receive copies of your Personal Information.
- Withdraw any express consent that you have provided to the processing of your Personal Information at any time without penalty.
- Access your Personal Information and have it corrected or amended if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Obtain a transferable copy of some of your Personal Information which can be transferred to another provider when the Personal Information was processed based on your consent.
- If you believe your Personal Information is inaccurate, no longer necessary for our business purposes, or if you object to our processing of your Personal Information, you also have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your data pending our investigation and/or verification of your claim.
- Request your Personal Information be deleted or restricted under certain circumstances. For example, if Kalya Veda is using your Personal Information on the basis of your consent and has no other legal basis to use such, you may request your Personal Information be deleted when you withdraw your consent.
- If you wish to exercise any of these rights, or raise a complaint on how we have handled your Personal Information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Changes in Our Privacy Notice.
From time-to-time we may modify, change, update, add to, remove portions of or otherwise alter this Privacy Notice. If we make changes, we will post them on our Site to make Users aware of what the changes are so Users will always be aware of what information we collect, how we collect and use that information, and when we may disclose such information. If you object to any such changes, you must immediately cease using the Site. A visitor is bound by any changes to this Privacy Notice when visiting the Site after those changes have been posted.
11. Contact, Questions, or Feedback
When we receive formal written complaints, it is our policy to contact the person regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between Kalya Veda and an individual.
If you have any questions about our Privacy Notice, you can always contact Kalya Veda at the information below-